Breeder’s Diplomas are awarded to members who show particular ability in breeding fish. Higher awards are given for a larger variety of harder/rarer species and for those members who like to specialise in particular families of fish. Diplomas will be awarded when members complete the requirements set out below. There are no time limits to be met when completing the requirements. The maintenance and record keeping for the Diplomas will be the responsibility of the Table Show manager.
- Breeder’s Diploma – Breed three different species, at least two of which must be egg layers.
- Advanced Diploma – in addition to the Breeder’s Diploma; breed a further five different species of fish, at least three of which must be egg layers and at least two of which must be USA breeding category C or harder.
- Master’s Diploma – in addition to the Advanced Diploma; breed a single species from five of the eight species groups set out below.
- Specialist Diploma – in addition to the Advanced Diploma; breed five species from within a selected species group set out in the following species Groups – (As ordered in Baensch Photo Index 1-5)
- Barbs & other carp-like fishes
- Rainbow fishes, Gobies and others
- Gold Award – the Fair City Aquarist Society Gold Award for breeding, will be awarded to any member who completes the Master’s Diploma and all eight Specialist’s Diplomas.
Species claimed in one diploma can not then be claimed for subsequent diplomas.
This page has the following sub pages.